How to increase your Sale by Using Facebook ? Here is the thing you are missing
If you want to shoot up you sale in 2018, the easiest way is Facebook, but you’ll need more than just incredible content.
In fact, Facebook marketing success is as much about distribution as it is content. Especially as organic reach in Facebook’s News Feed continues to decline for many Pages.
So how do you get your Facebook content in front of more people? And not just any people, the right people — your target audience.
In 2018, many businesses are turning to Facebook ads as a way to boost the performance of their content. In our State of Social 2018 report we found that:
- 94% of businesses have invested in advertising on Facebook; and
- 67% of businesses intend to increase their social media advertising budget in 2018.
Let’s explore the most important Facebook advertising trends for 2018. With them, you can improve your marketing funnel and hopefully find more leads than ever in the coming year.
1. Understand your target audience
Audience Insights is a tool that allows you to learn more about your target audience so you can better tailor your ads to drive results. It’s a great way to learn more about the people who are connected to your business Page, including:
- Who they are based on demographics like age and gender, relationship status, and job roles
- What interests them according to their Page Likes
- What they purchase including past buying behavior and categories they’re most likely to buy.
2. Tell a great story
Stories are an integral part of human communication. And storytelling — whether in-person, through the written word, or social media — plays an important role in building connections with others.
When you’re planning on creating Facebook Ads, stories are essential to capture the interest of your target customers.
Take Refinery 29, an independent fashion and lifestyle website, for example. The brand generated two different Facebook ad campaigns, both aimed at bringing in new subscribers to their website.
The first campaign featured some eye-catching creative and a clear call-to-action to subscribe. Whereas the second ad set guided the viewer through a simple narrative including an introduction to the brand, an article from the brand, and then a call-to-action to subscribe. Ads for both campaigns were served in News Feed to lookalike audiences.
Here’s a glimpse at how the ads looked:
Campaign #1 (creative + call-to-action):
Campaign #2 (with narrative):
The results were fascinating:
Among those who were exposed to the sequenced, narrative-focused ads compared with those who were exposed to the non-sequenced ads, there was an 87% increase in people visiting the landing page.
There was a 56% increase in subscription rates among people who were exposed to the sequenced ads compared with those who were exposed to the non-sequenced ads
When you’re planning your Facebook campaigns, think about how you can create a narrative and tell stories within your ads in order to build a stronger connection with your target audience.
3. More Diverse Ad Types
In addition to video ads, Facebook has been quietly diversifying their ad inventory. Marketers and small business owners can use these ad formats to accomplish specific business goals.
- Carousel ads can use multiple images, multiple offers, or multiple USPs in one go, providing a richer experience and a more compelling CTA.
- Slideshow ads use lightweight video to load faster and intrude less on the browsing experience. They can be a great transition for small businesses looking to create more video.
- Collection ads allow users to browse through multiple products or informational pages in-app. This grows awareness while generating less friction compared to an outbound link.
- Canvas mobile Facebook ad formats transform your ad from a single video or image into a full screen, scrolling experience. Use them to showcase high-quality assets or nurture prospects further along in the buy cycle.
- Dynamic ads can use a single ad template to promote several products or create customized pitches for different segments. These ads maximize relevance and returns while helping you A/B test more quickly.
- Link ads include a prominent, customization CTA button to direct prospects to a landing page or offer. They encourage action, increasing conversions.
- Lead ads incorporate a lead capture form directly in the app! We’ll explain the significance of this ad type and similar formats below.
Understanding and taking advantage of these Ad Types will be a large key to success.
4. Paid Advertising Increases (As Organic Reach Nosedives)
Facebook made waves when they announced that they were experimenting with a news feed that contained zero organic branded posts. All of this content would be moved to a separate “Explore” feed.
If Facebook implements this change globally, then all branded Facebook Pages will see their organic reach tank.
Even if that doesn’t happen, though, these Pages have already seen dramatic drops in reach over the past few years. With fewer people seeing their content appear on its own, these Pages must now resort to funding paid Facebook advertising campaigns in order to generate impressions.
Truth be told: this has been the situation for years. Businesses simply cannot rely on the Facebook algorithm to serendipitously show their content to meet their reach goals. By funding a paid ad or promoted post campaign, you guarantee yourself a sizeable audience.
Even better, you can fine-tune the targeting for your ads to maximize relevance and ROI. Facebook has gotten much more granular with its targeting features.
You can use these features to weed out audiences who are unlikely to buy your product, increasing your conversion rate and your overall returns.
Ultimately you must embrace paid advertising if you want to continue to reach your target audiences on the platform.
Take Advantage of Facebook Advertising Trends in 2018 and Beyond
By looking to the above Facebook Advertising trends your business can find greater successes in reaching your ideal prospects to grow in 2018.
Make sure you combine your Facebook Advertising strategy with other digital marketing practices for maximum gains.